Dreading the 10-week summer break and asking, “What to do with my kids this summer?” No need to panic – educational summer camps and S.T.E.M. programs to-the-rescue!
With an already proven success-record, educational summer camps provide inquisitive young minds with self-development opportunities outside the traditional schoolroom structure. Kids build communication skills and learn to be self-confident with their own gifts and abilities – all, while developing a resilient mindset in challenging environments.
Inspiring the next generation of digital and techy occupations, scientists and engineers, educational summer camps support young minds with career building skills that prepare them for the future.
S.T.E.M. is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Organizations, like NASA , are investing heavily in the future of today’s youth by offering S.T.E.M. programs and funding opportunities.
Ok, but what does this have to do with my kids and summer breaks? As parents, you want the best and brightest future for your kids, right?
Why not consider preparing your kids early on, with funtastic skills designed for growth, development and success. Inspiring kids of all ages, from pre-school to college-prep, learning S.T.E.M. skills is a must in today’s digital age!
Choose from the Best S.T.E.M. Summer Programs
Research supports that S.T.E.M. educational summer camps aren’t just funtastic, they’re about teaching your kids valuable lifelong skills and preparing them for career opportunities. For teens looking into college-prep, there’s the extremely valuable prospect of joining S.T.E.M. teams as trainees, interns, mentors and counselors.
Here’s a list of 5 Educational S.T.E.M. Summer Camps to help you get started:
- A program of the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF) with over 1,600 programs nationwide, Camp Invention® offers a S.T.E.M. summer program where curious students become tomorrow’s innovative thinkers.
- Paving the way for your children’s long-term success, iD Tech’s mission is to embolden student’s to shape the future. iD Tech has grown to 150+ locations worldwide since its Silicon Valley beginnings in 1999.
- Bringing science to life with fun and hands-on science activities, Mad Science® is the world’s premier edutainment company. They reach over 6 million children each year with over 158 global locations – and, have a long-standing collaboration with NASA’s Academy of Future Space Explorers.
- As experts in outdoor science schools and educational outdoor adventure summer camps, Guided Discoveries is top-notch. Your kids will love Astro-camps!
- Focusing on inspiring young minds, Play-Well Teknologies S.T.E.M. Summer Camps are available in 28 states nationwide with 2000+ locations.
Free and Affordable S.T.E.M. Summer Camps
Can’t afford those expensive summer camps? You’re not alone. The stark reality is that, for many families, the 10-week summer vacation creates a financial hardship.
Summer breaks are expensive – and, the long summer vacation can have many working parents on the verge of a full-fledged panic – especially, when the kids are home and they aren’t. While many parents find that educational summer camps are a welcome break from the school year calendar, the unpleasant side of summer vacation is that many folks can’t afford summer.
For many low-income families, leaving kids home unsupervised for hours is viewed as a recipe for disaster. Yes, there’s summer school – but, is this really an option? Don’t kids deserve some down-time and some healthy fun-filled activities?
Did you know that, thanks to funding, educational summer camps are often free and affordable? Happily, local and national organizations are seeking to invest in your children’s future by funding low-cost or free camps and programs that benefit kids and parents alike.
A ‘No Child Left Behind’ Mindset – it’s worth asking?
Although they may not advertise it, some summer camps offer financial aid, need-based scholarships or sliding-scale fees. Some accept state childcare subsidy – and, most tuitions include meals and field trips.
Pathways to Science offers over 20 fully-funded S.T.E.M. programs, funding information, career information and other S.T.E.M. resources for kids K-12; as well as, for parents and teachers. Programs are either tuition-free or provide scholarships.
Spread the word and help millions of kids to attend S.T.E.M. educational summer camps
- Pre-school and Childcare Centers – Over 20 programs, including summer camps and science exposure programs.
- Elementary and Junior Highschool – Over 100 programs, including summer science and research programs, internships and other S.T.E.M. exposure programs.
- Teens Highschool and college-prep – Paid internships for high-school level students.
- S.T.E.M. professional development programs for K-12 educators.
How to Run Your Own S.T.E.M. Camp
There’s Power in Teaming Up with Your Neighborhood… Consider creating a S.T.E.M. camp with your neighbors. Instead of sending kids off for a couple of weeks at most, keep them – their minds engaged all summer long. That’s almost 3 months of getting them off the ipad couch or gaming console long-enough to get them to think and ask questions.
Find out who’s funding. Find investors who are passionate about helping the up and coming generation succeed.
It’s not a novel idea and you’re likely to gain support from your neighbors. Get the neighborhood involved and make a list of clubs and community service organizations to partner up with. Joining forces with your friends and neighbors, local schools, clubs and community service organizations empowers everyone.
Get your teens involved too. Bring in a local expert or a camp advisor to ensure that things run smoothly.
The law doesn’t require summer day camps to be licensed. If you wish to receive payment through subsidized childcare programs, it does, however, require you to be licensed.
A Handy List of Resources:
- How to Run Your Own S.T.E.M. Camp
- Generation Genius is trusted by teachers – Loved by Kids
- Start a S.T.E.M. Club
- Start Your Own Summer Camp
- How to Start and Run a Summer Camp
Pacific Domes can help – your success is our success!
Free-standing Pacific Domes portable geodesic-engineered kits have been instrumental in helping educational summer camps, schools and daycare centers to realize their dreams since 1980. Our expert staff can walk you through all the steps you need to get started with your project.
Pacific Domes is Accepting Partnering Proposals for NASA’s Funding Opportunity
Portable Planetarium Domes are used for educational and entertaining shows about astronomy, the night sky, earth-space exploration; or, for interactive training in celestial navigation. Hot topics, such as, climate change issues come alive, allowing viewers to understand global issues with impactful visualizations that when presented in a Pacific domes Planetarium.
As an affiliated member of the International Planetarium Society (IPS), Pacific Domes has access to the entire planetarium community. Pacific Domes has previously collaborated with influential planetarium leaders; such as, ED Lantz of Vortex Immersion Media and Obscura Digital (recently purchased by MGM).
A permanent, semi-permanent or mobile projection dome theater can be implemented for one-tenth of the price of many outdated planetarium systems. If you would like to consider partnering with Pacific Domes, we will work with you to design your project and help you engage with the planetarium-museum community in your area.