Portable Eco Homes by Pacific Domes
“Live Large, Live Light in a Dome Eco-House” — Pacific Domes Inc.
Non-traditional eco home dwellings are gaining recognition among educated consumers. With increased social awareness trending towards environmental stewardship, eco housing kits are also gaining popularity as alternative dwelling options with millennials, baby-boomers, and everyone in between.
Dome-style eco homes offer a unique eco housing alternative to more traditional structures. They have been built all around the world and are the most energy efficient shelter known to man.
A Closer Look at an Energy Efficient Dome Eco Home
Dome studies have established that a dome’s interior has a 30% heating and cooling efficiency. A dome’s curved exterior surface forces air and wind up, over, and around the structure.
- The concave interior creates a natural airflow allowing hot or cool air to flow optimally throughout the dome with the help of return air ducts. Specifically, air and energy circulate unobstructed.
- Extreme wind turbulence is lessened because winds contributing to heat loss flow evenly around the dome. It acts like a giant downward reflector that concentrates interior heat, preventing radiant heat loss.
- Decreased surface area requires less building materials. Exposure to cold in winter and heat in summer is reduced, due to less surface area per unit of volume.
What Gives a Dome Eco House Its Superior Strength?
A geo-engineered eco house is formed by interconnected triangles that allow it to remain rigid and stable when exposed to nature’s extremes. The principles of geometry used in construction of ecoliving domes, guarantees its inherent ability to withstand the extreme forces of nature, such as temperatures, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
Eco House Saves on Construction Costs
The good news is that living large in non-traditional eco housing need not break the bank. Sustainable and affordable, prefab eco home kits offer green building options that traditional building methods and materials simply can’t contest.
If you’re looking for an economical pricing edge, you’ll be pleased to learn about some of these cost saving features:
- A dome encloses the largest volume of interior space with the least amount of surface area, saving on materials and labor cost.
- When a dome’s diameter is doubled, it quadruples its square footage and produces eight times its volume.
- Minimize or entirely bypass the cost of building permits. A portable prefab dome is considered a temporary shelter – it can be easily taken down when no longer needed.
Browsing Pacific Domes gallery of ecoliving dome dwellings for purchase or for rent is your first step towards exploring the benefits and versatility of geo-engineered domes as the strongest, portable structure known to man.
For Information on Dome Building Systems from Pacific Domes visit: